Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Pairing Up and Crossing Over

So I found out today from Jen (in Advanced Phylogenetics) that Russell and Anna are now an "item" -- whatever that means. Well, okay. They're now a couple. Which I found at once extremely disconcerting since Anna and Russell are the last people on earth who I would have thought would wind up together. I never pictured Anna really pairing up with anyone -- she always struck me as being someone who wouldn't really be attracted to the idea of being attached to anyone on any sort of level, I guess what I'm trying to say is that she'd be far too independent, though it's obviously not something I'd say in a bad way. As for Russell, I could easily picture him being with someone, just not someone like Anna. Or maybe on second thought, it's really not so much a stretch after all. Anna's a pretty quiet, reserved person -- at least, she's not terribly loud or boisterous. And God knows Russell isn't anything remotely like that. So, well, who better for him then, than her?

It's not like I disapprove of all this, it's just that it makes me feel kinda awkward. I'm happy for the fact that two of my friends ended up together, but now I feel like I've lost them both as people I could feel really comfortable talking to -- especially Anna. I know that it'll feel a little more lonely on the train without Anna to talk to and hang out with, since she and Russell will undoubtably be spending more and more time together, at least. And speaking of which, it's kinda funny that I didn't catch on sooner. The times Anna spent having dinner or lunch with Russell, or the time Russell slept at her place...it did kind of seem strange that they were spending so much time together -- but I digress, I suppose. It'll be interesting tomorrow when we all meet up for class, to say the least.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 a.m., Blogger Katherine said...

And speaking of which, it's kinda funny that I didn't catch on sooner. The times Anna spent having dinner or lunch with Russell, or the time Russell slept at her place...it did kind of seem strange that they were spending so much time together --Ouch... reminder...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home