Saturday, January 08, 2005

Through the dark/What do I see?

I suppose I owe my readers an apology for going back on my word earlier. But damn it, I have enough science in my life that if I do any more writing or reading about science I think I'm going to go insane. Not that I can go any more insane than I already have. So I suppose I'll have to make do with more emotional vomitting punctuated with momentary flashes of scientific insight and commentary.

Four people messaged me on LiveJournal out of the blue and gave me their condolences. One of them, Rachey, was once a close friend of mine from the old -InTheSky- YahooGroups! list-serv, but we lost touch as time went on. Nothing like a funeral to bring people closer together, hmm?

I'm thankful that they've let me have what I think is rightfully mine. I find the concern and apparent compassion of people around me stifling and condescending at the same time -- I would rather have indifference; hence the extreme reluctance I've had in telling many of the people I know. I think back to all of the things I tried to keep of his but couldn't save; the least they could do is let me suffer in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home